- The QEMU distribution includes both the QEMU emulator and
- various firmware files. These are separate programs that are
- distributed together for our users' convenience, and they have
- separate licenses.
- The following points clarify the license of the QEMU emulator:
- 1) The QEMU emulator as a whole is released under the GNU General
- Public License, version 2.
- 2) Parts of the QEMU emulator have specific licenses which are compatible
- with the GNU General Public License, version 2. Hence each source file
- contains its own licensing information. Source files with no licensing
- information are released under the GNU General Public License, version
- 2 or (at your option) any later version.
- As of July 2013, contributions under version 2 of the GNU General Public
- License (and no later version) are only accepted for the following files
- or directories: bsd-user/, linux-user/, hw/vfio/, hw/xen/xen_pt*.
- 3) The Tiny Code Generator (TCG) is released under the BSD license
- (see license headers in files).
- 4) QEMU is a trademark of Fabrice Bellard.
- Fabrice Bellard and the QEMU team